Sunday, July 7, 2013

Throwing Stuff Around

This is going to have to be a quick post because I don't have a lot of time, but still want to keep readers updated.

I added the ability to pick up and throw items. I've implemented a Behavior called 'ThrowableItem' which can be attached to entities in the editor. Here's a little preview:


And here's a full video, in which you can enjoy the sound and music of Link to the Past (temporary!)


When I finished doing this, one thing I immediately realized is that I couldn't have a brazier be *both* a light source AND a throwable item, because currently the editor (and game infrastructure) allow the (optional) attachment of exactly one Behavior to each entity. I'd like to be able to pick up a lit brazier and throw the light around. So, today I'm going to make it so you can attach multiple behaviors to one entity. This is going to require three things: an infrastructure change in the engine, a level editor change in the GUI for the behavior editor (which will become the behavior collection editor), and a small refactoring in the current implementation assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment